Posting open until the 26th Feb 2014, interviewing in the afternoon of Friday 29th Feb 2014
Business & Development Manager
Exciting opportunity to join the team and travel to distant lands. Middleweight position, looking for 2/4 years experience in the same or similar field.
Please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com Unfortunately it will not be possible to contact everyone due to the high volume of applicants, if you have not heard from us by the 27th Feb I’m afraid your application was unsuccessful this time.
There has been a problem with our email with some mails being rejected. We have been onto support and the problem will be cleared up in the next 24 hours, time now being 18.00 GMT on Monday 10th Feb 20014.
BLUE TOMATO AND PETR WEIGL
Job title: Business & Development Manager
Reports to: Director
Salary: £20,000 plus sales commission (uncapped) plus bonus
Hours: Full time
Holiday: 25 days plus public holidays and Christmas office closure.
A very exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, self starter to work for Petr Weigl, an international contemporary artist and his associated gallery Bluetomato. Working out of Petr Weigls art studio in North London, you will work alongside the director taking responsibility for the day-to-day business activities of both the Bluetomato Gallery and Petr Weigl art studio. The successful candidatewill play a key role in helping the business achieve its ambitious creative and commercial vision. Bluetomato is a virtual art gallery set-up specifically for the participation in art fairscurrentlyNew York and Miami.
Main duties and responsibilities
To act as the first point of contact for inquiries for both the Blue Tomato Gallery and Petr Weigl studio.
- Set up and manage electronic and hard copy filing systems.
- Maintaining records onclients, artists artworks, income and expenses.
- Gallery logistics -all aspects of fair participation
Digital & creative:
- Update both the Blue Tomato Gallery and Petr Weigl websites periodically.
- Produce, write and design a monthly e-newsletter.
- Produce and manage content for social media channels.
- Produce electronic brochures, presentations and other marketing materials.
- Manage marketing campaign for selling shows (mailing lists, invitations, private view events)
New business generation – specific to Petr Weigl:
- Research and generate leads with new potential clients
- Create and develop new business relationships with potential clients
- Prepare sales reports and forecasts
- Assist in presentation of new business proposals
- On occasion taking artwork to client’s homes/business’s to show in situation.
Sales – specific to Blue Tomato Gallery:
- Assist in sales at the art fairs.
- Conduct follow-up on post fair inquires.
- Keep clients up-to-date with new artworks in the gallery.
- Build up the relationships with current customers and develop new ones.
- Creating and archiving sales tools (presentations & PDF’s) for general or specific clients.
- To line manage any interns or temporary staff.
- To represent Blue Tomato Gallery and Petr Weigl externally as required.
- To undertake any other duties or projects as required by Director.
||Degree level or equivalent experience.
||Art history. Experience with Luxury brands or boutique designer labels.
|Skills & experience
||Strong research skillsSales / negotiation experienceExcellent time planning and project management skillsExcellent organisational and administrative skills; attention to detailVery good operational understanding of social media channels and networks.Mac & Pc: Strong IT skills (regular use of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Access,PowerPoint
Excellent written and ora communication skills
|Existing research projects.Driving license.CRM systems
Currently a regular user of Facebook, Twitter and have a general awareness of other/new emerging channels of social media.
WordPress, Mail Chimp, Photoshop, Acrobat.
Some journalism or regular writing for some industry blog or magazine.